ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, March 16, 2006

This is what I'm dealing with

This Taiwanese guy at work came in wearing a shirt with a pig and the words Pink Floyd flocked on in pink. He’s within a year or two of my age, and he actually went to Berkeley. He spent some American years in an American college. And the older people knew something was up, boys like him don’t listen to Pink Floyd. Turns out, he thought it was a brand name [notice brand name, not band name). And the ladies are making fun of him for thinking that the pig’s name was Floyd. This is what I’m dealing with, people!

And in other music news, ABC’s god awful Sons & Daughters show has acquired the rights to use The Who’s The Kids are Alright. I am so embarrassed to be alive. I think I’ll start drinking early tomorrow.

Happy early St. Pat’s. If I can get my homework done tonight, I’m really going to start drinking at like 7am at the KROQ broadcast from Hermosa.

2 Comments:

  • At March 16, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    Pink Floyd the clothing pig would be much cooler than actual Pink Floyd.

    Dude, "Baba O'Riley" got whored out for a car commercial years ago. Art is transient and ephemeral. If you can get some meaning out of a 40 year old rock song, great. But outside of your personal relationship with "The Kids Are Alright" (which is, well, just alright relative to other early Who), it's just patterns of sound.

     
  • At March 17, 2006 1:43 PM, Blogger C said…

    i'm not against selling out. but this show is awful. at least cars are cool. and they probably got cars in addition to bags of cash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home