ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I am dumb

With all of my assignments due at midnight, there seems to be no call for all-nighters anymore. This is good, because with my advancing age, I do progressively worse with little sleep. This is bad, because it cuts out very productive time, and it’s less satisfying when your sense of urgency comes at 11pm rather than 4 am.

I finally (almost) realized my greatest fear yesterday around 6pm. Ever since the start of these damn online classes I was desperately afraid I’d miss a deadline because of some fault of technology and it’s lack of permanency and driving home due dates. Turns out that my assignment was due yesterday at midnight, not Saturday, like I thought. It’s a damn good thing I did most of the part of the assignment that required a trip to the library last week, while I was trying to see and be seen.

So, I put the finishing touches on and turned in the assignment that I knew was due yesterday (that I was avoiding because it bored me). And started straight away on the other. And since I was under the gun, I actually got work done. I’m pretty sure I won’t get an A on either assignment, but it’s not bad enough to not get the obligatory B. I’ll make up for it with the term paper. I haven’t picked a topic yet because there are so many things that interest me. And I’ve finally realized how much of a difference my interest level makes in my work.

I can’t believe I almost missed a deadline. I was almost too embarrassed to post. But that’s what blogs are for, right? Portraying yourself in an awful light?


According to this guy who writes for the NY Times, "Clinically speaking, the dream of forgetting to take a final exam, or of forgetting to attend a course until that fateful day, does not qualify as a nightmare because it does not wake the sleeper. Yet, like any recurrent fear, it tells a society something about itself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home