ice cream making and ranting

Monday, October 24, 2005

Oilily

Oilily is a dutch company, and it’s hard to find info in English about them. They sell very ugly high end clothes. This is particularly unusual because a lot collection is for babies and children. The babies don’t have typical baby looking clothes. They’re more in line with the adult collection for that season. My co-workers bought a $95 sweater for a co-worker’s new baby. It’s pretty ugly, but there is an adorable patch of cotton material on the back of the sweater. I think it’s details like that that keep the thing in business. The site is annoyingly flashed, but rather cool to look at. I'm looking forward to visiting the trainwreck of a store next time I'm at South Coast Plaza

According to their press release: Founded in 1963, Oilily is a premium international fashion label focused on creative independent women and also includes a range of exceptional collections for children.

1 Comments:

  • At October 25, 2005 12:33 AM, Blogger lydia said…

    Beth, I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Odille.

    I came across some Oilily clothes for kids on eBay awhile back and really liked them. At the time, I was wishing they made stuff for adults, but the women's line just isn't as fun as the girl's. I like their fabrics and kooky patterns.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home