ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Magical Endcap

I am going to have to start tracking how much I spend at 7-11 this month. It doesn’t feel like much at the time, and it brings joy to my otherwise dreary workday. But I’m afraid I’ll break $30. Why didn’t anyone ever tell me how great 7-11 was? It sure is a good thing I got rid of my ex, because he knew, but was never able to share the magic with me.

On Beth’s sage advice, I checked my 7-11’s magical endcap. And there they were: Platinum Bar-B-Que Rap Snacks with Master P on the bag. (who he is, I'm not entirely sure, and am less sure every second ever since my satellite stopped giving me MTV) I’d love to give a product review, but something terrible happened, and everything on the magical endcap of magical new products was dirty. Not just a little dust, but gross and dirty. I was also going to try the apple ginger ale, but alas---dirt. I’ll have to try another 7-11. I have to say, I feel a loyalty to my 7-11 that I’ve never felt before ever since I had a conversation with the guy about the pumpkin latte.

Not dirty, was the frothy hot drink machine (maybe I should look up what that thing is actually called). And next to my beloved pumpkin latte (which turns out to be perfect in a ratio of 3:1 or 2:1 pumpkin latte and cinnamon coffee) was spiced apple cider. More fall! The cider, while no pumpkin latte, is surprisingly good considering it comes out of a strange machine next to very unsimilarly flavored beverages. It’s almost as good as the spiced cider from Trader Joe’s, and it doesn’t taste as cloudy and gross as it looks.

1 Comments:

  • At October 20, 2005 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the problem with 7-11 is that everything there is 2x the price for 1/2 the size you can get in a normal store. and do you know how long those hot dogs spin around in their little ferris wheel before some poor soul buys them?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home