ice cream making and ranting

Monday, October 24, 2005

Best of Shel Silverstein

I found out about this recent Shel Silverstein album, and heard a track from it on a compilation CD. I thought it might be cool to have, it’s reasonably priced and it mixes some of his Light in the Attic stuff with some of the more adult things (I got stoned and missed it) and features the likes of Johnny Cash. But I’m hesitant to buy it because of the amazon reviews. Aaarrrrgggg with the DRM. I don’t think I want it bad enough to buy it and rely on myself to remember never to put it into my computer.


This CD is published by Sony. Sony music has about 10, 000 employees and is the #2 record company in the world. “In 1997 Sony Music Entertainment spent $800,000 on the rights to distribute the soundtrack to Titanic. The deal helped propel Sony Music Entertainment from fifth place to first place in terms of US market share”

1 Comments:

  • At October 25, 2005 11:22 AM, Blogger Zack said…

    "Some gal would giggle and I'd get red/and some guy would laugh and I'd bust his head" is one of my favorite couplets. It says so much in such plain, non-metaphoric words. Shel Silverstein is awesome. Also, he deserves better than this DRM bullshit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home