ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

You're a pepper too

Thanks to this Sunday's LA Times Magazine I now have a huge list of restaruants that sound good, but are too much trouble to go to, and also, are not inviting to the un-celebrity likes of me. And I like to think that being a girl, who on occasion can flaunt my sexuality to get me things would help me in these situations. But, this is LA and there are already a gazillion other girls, who are blonder and surgically enhanced trying to do the same thing.

Luckily, for me this drink is fully explained and pictured:

The libation is called You're a Pepper Too, and it is just the thing of you've had the daylights slapped out of you for no reason. You get an 8-ounce bottle of the original Dublin Dr Pepper, along with two sidecars, one with Absolut Vanilla and the other with Monin brand organic vanilla syrup. And there's Dr Pepper Jelly Bellies to boot. Not approved for sniffling first-graders, but quite and attitude adjuster nonetheless.

In the picture it's served with an adorable giraffe swizzle stick. It looks fantastic. And with the non-celebrity substitutions of regular dr pepper, and torani vanilla syrup, you'll have quite the cocktail.

On a side note, I don't drink enough. It's not really worth it for me to buy entire bottles of alcohol, because they'll never get finished. I have half a bottle of absolut that i opened a year ago. I need lydia back, we encourage eachother to drink well.

4 Comments:

  • At June 22, 2004 10:53 AM, Blogger lydia said…

    It's true. Zack calls me a lush sometimes, but the truth is, I'm really just a half-lush without you, Cynth.

    That drink sounds fantastic! Zack was pretty into the idea as well. Where can we go to get this thing, and can we do it Monday July 5th?

     
  • At June 22, 2004 8:27 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    If anyone would like this drink, it seems like it would have to be Zack.

     
  • At June 23, 2004 8:59 AM, Blogger Zack said…

    On a side note, I don't drink enough.If you call a drink a "libation", you either are a prohibitionist or you drink quite enough already.

    "Dublin" Dr Pepper, for those who haven't had the misfortune of hearing me go on and on about Dr Pepper history, is from the original plant in Texas, which is the only one that still uses the original recipe with, for instance, actual cane sugar instead of corn syrup. I've never had it. It's kind of a life goal. As far as I know, the other 1880s-vintage soda, Coke, has no such version -- the "real thing" if you will -- available.

     
  • At June 24, 2004 10:47 AM, Blogger C said…

    just to clarify, i changed the la times part to italics. "libation" is the times' word. i don't know that i'd ever use it unprovoked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home