ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, June 17, 2004

I'm lovin' it

So apparently torrance elementary schools got out at lunch time today. and all the children converged on the local McDonald's establishments. I was not aware that this would happen today.

First I went to the one on crenshaw and skypark (by the crossroads) and was jarred as I walked into a room full of children playing with their quiggles. there must have been at least 30 of them. and i went to the counter to ask what toys they had and the lady showed me a grimace driving a car and said that was the only thing they had. i'm not blind! i saw the quiggles! not that i wanted a quiggle, but the neopet promotion doesn't end for an entire week. apparently all of those horrible children had got the last of the neopets. i hardly believe that, but we'll see. I needed a short pep talk from lydia at this point, but continuted on my way. I'm debating writing to McDonalds about this. It got lydia a white ixi.

I finally got to the McDonald's on PCH just off of Hawthorne where they have a small room for kids and video games, so it kept the main part of the place less kid dense. And i saw a few kids with grundos, but I decided to wait in the relatively long line because I couldn't believe my luck could be that bad. And it wasn't. First, my order was taken by the nicest Japanese boy I'd ever seen at a McDonald's. He was well groomed, friendly and generally helpful and good at his job. And he had unis! I got a red and a yellow. and lydia promised me her blue. that means i'll have all the primary colors, and I can breed them into secondary colors!! (okay, maybe it doesn't quite work that way)

The lovely Japanese order taker, gave me the unis. The order filler people also gave me two grundos. I was in such a good mood that I was honest and gave them back. Besides, no one likes the grundo.

Now I can finally stop going to McDonalds. I'm going to get that set from ebay, eventually. And, I have doubles of all the ones I want doubles of, except maybe the aisha. But, it may be too late for that.

Two happy meals is more food than I realized. It's too bad I forgot to get apples instead of fries in one of them.

1 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2004 3:46 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    congrats on your unis, Cynth. Have you looked at Kenny's blog today? I left a note for you there :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home