ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I do not get paid enough to talk to the mafia

Seriously, I do not get paid enough, really, to make me want to answer the phone from non-mafia people. When there's a chance the Nigerian mafia is calling there's no way in hell I'm picking up the phone. I don't care what my boss says. So I smile, and I nod and let her go to lunch confident in the fact that if Claudio from Chile calls or Mike from Scotland calls that I'll answer. They can leave a message, they're nice guys, and will completely understand that I'm not answering the phone because I want to live.

I only like the Al Capone type mob, or maybe Sonny from General Hospital. But Nigeria, there's no glamour there!

Now to explain myself: One of our sales reps got a lead from this shady guy in Nigeria. We're pretty sure it's a money laundering scheme because we quote them absolutely ridiculous prices and they're willing to pay without even trying to bargain. We ended up saying that we can't sell to Nigeria, but this guy keeps calling.

I so do not get paid enough.

2 Comments:

  • At June 16, 2004 11:08 AM, Blogger Kenny said…

    wait, where do you work again that the nigerian mob comes calling?

     
  • At June 16, 2004 3:06 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    Back in my theatre days, we used to play a card game that wasn't really a card game, but it was called Mafia. It involved dividing the group into townspeople and the mafia and people trying to figure out who was in the mafia and who wasn't, some townspeople voting during the day, the mafia "killing off" off people during the night, and a lot of lying through your teeth. I don't think any of us thought about being Nigerian, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home