ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

things i've fried

things fried in my house in the last few weeks:

successes:
cod
catfish
corn dogs
onion rings w/beer batter
onion rings w/corn batter
broccoli
won tons
donuts
bananas
black berries
strawberries (tastes like and inside out funnel cake)
chicken
croquettes

failures:
fries (this is my fault for not giving the oil enough time to heat up)
cookie dough
strawberry hershey's kisses

mixed results:
pickles (i don't like them to begin with, so i couldn't make the final decision)

things to try soon:
twinkies
whatever the american equivalent of a mars bar is
oreos
ice cream
salmon
ham and cheese sandwiches
pb&j sandwiches
corn bread batter
more potato things

2 Comments:

  • At June 08, 2004 8:20 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    hmph. in order to post a comment, I had to create an account: http://kuponut.blogspot.com/

    anyway, you can get actual Mars bars at a surprising number of supermarkets, around here at least, and I would recommend the mini ones. Let me know if you need any mailed :)

    and what about my ham ball creations?! (mashed potato wrapped in a thin piece of ham and fried) You've got to try that, maybe with some cheese in the potato this time. Those were the ham bomb, and I'm sure they'd be even better in a real deep fryer...

     
  • At June 08, 2004 8:27 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    Stevie Chan DF'ed a hamburger. It was totally awesome.

    Can popcorn be DF'ed?

    I also had to get a blog to comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home