ice cream making and ranting

Friday, June 11, 2004

Care Bears, STARE.... we care... we care... we care...

Since my internet connection is down, and posting to this blog was supposed to be my new hobby, i think it might be time to tell you all about my sunburn. WARNING: this may be more info than you need to know.

the guys at victoria's secret are marketing geniuses. and they have a line of bathing suits. i got the best one of the lot. just the bottom, because i'm still not comfortable with those ridiculous pieces of triangle fabric that they consider a top. and it's black, with magenta trim. AND... a heart cut out on the butt. Genius! it allows you to give in to their marketing campaign and wear a skimpy bikini with major VS sex appeal and feel like tyra banks. Yet, you can still aspire to be good and cheerful and all that's right with the world, like a care bear.

I think I will be victoria's secret bear. I laid out for an hour on sunday, completely covered except the heart on my butt. It's friday and my heart is still pink as ever. I really have to admit that my ass is adorable. I didn't have much of a strong opinion about my butt before. But now that I'm practically a care bear, it's great. Also, I want to spread joy throughout the land. It's a good thing I don't know any care bears songs, because I would be singing them. It's also good that I've been taking belly dancing, because I bet it'll help with my care bear stare.

5 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2004 10:47 AM, Blogger Kenny said…

    I want to be a Care Bear
    Oh I can hardly wait
    I'll always be there
    And do the things that Care Bears do

    I'll be like Funshine
    And make the sun shine
    I'll have a heart like Love-a-Lot
    I'll be like Cheer Bear
    And always be there
    We'll be the luckiest bears in Care-A-Lot!

     
  • At June 13, 2004 10:49 AM, Blogger Kenny said…

    Also, the stare goes... "Care Bears, prepare to stare...Stare...THERE!"

     
  • At June 13, 2004 2:36 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    I know you're not actuvely trying to, necessarily, but I need you to stop putting these ridiculous ideas into Lydia's head.

    I think it may help to think of this as a temporary tattoo that will result in a patch of prematurely aged skin.

     
  • At June 14, 2004 9:01 AM, Blogger C said…

    if i get skin cancer, it will be the best skin cancer ever.

     
  • At June 15, 2004 6:27 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    Zack need not worry. I want to be furry before I get a heart on my ass. But I wouldn't mind being furry, if it was the right kind of furry (not just non-shaven furry), and I certainly wouldn't mind having an extra set of ears, if they were the right sort of ears (ie. cat, moogle, Ein). I know that no-one mentioned extra ears, but I felt like it was my duty to do so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home