ice cream making and ranting

Friday, June 11, 2004

Mail for all... In honor of me

Now, I like Ronald Reagan as much as the next person. Maybe more, because of my elementary school brainwashing. He was my first president and I've had nothing but good feelings toward him, because I was 0-8 when he was in office and not exactly capable of analyzing his attitudes and policies. I just knew what I learned in school about civic duty and all that. The president was an good, important man. And, It's very sad that he had alzheimers, and it's sad that he died. But we don't need to have a federal holiday! Some things transcend people and should carry on as scheduled, like mail!!!

Mail is often the highlight of my day. I get catalogs featuring necessities like leg lamps, and postcards and sale ads from Joann's promising me 40% off any single regular priced item. I even get a few bills, but they don't mar my enjoyment of mail, especially when you've ordered something online and are waiting for it... like neopets! I mailed off the money order to a girl in irvine yesterday. That means, she could have potentially recieved it today, potentially mailed off the neopets today and I could potentially have them tomorrow. But no, the ex president had to go and die, and they had to shut down the government. And I won't have my neopets until Monday at the very earliest, but probably tuesday or wednesday. Now, based on what I know about my first president, which is deplorably little, I'm sure that he would want me to have neopets. He was a regular guy with a little longing for the cowboy live he loved so much in movies. And I think he'd understand, and encourage the neopets to get to me quicker. So, when I die, I want the mail to continue. Also, it'd be really cool if I could still have mail but close down all the schools. Because I understand, I want people to get the day off to sit by their mailboxes waiting for their packages.

In the meantime, I'll see you at McDonalds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home