ice cream making and ranting

Monday, June 21, 2004

Disappointments

This weekend, trying hard not to be "LA," but failing miserably, I gussied myself up and took a trip to the Beverly Center. Now, the Beverly center, for those of you who don't know or have forgotten, is disappointingly far from the freeway. This is a very bad trait in locations, and usually keeps me from them. But, Beth was driving, so I was fine. We managed to get there, finally, purchased a few sale items and made our way up to the food court where we were going to the A&W restaurant to get a root beer shake. Now, the A&W store is a magical place. I'd never seen one before the first time I went to the beverly center, and since then I've seen them attached to Kentucky Fried Chicken establishments, but never stand alone. And, nowhere besides the beverly center did they have milkshakes. Root beer floats, yes. But not a milkshake in sight, not even the regular flavors. And let me say, as strange as it sounds, the root beer milkshake may be the best milkshake I've ever had. And, I've had a milkshake or two in my day. This is made with some kind of root beer flavored syrup. So, we make our way up the escalator toward the food court, look around, look around again, and alas, there is no A&W in sight. Now I will never have a root beer milkshake ever again. And that makes me very sad.

Also, failing to not be LA, we stopped by Fred Segal, where someone on ebay said they carry a line called "Barbie Vintage" and I wanted to try on a shirt, to make sure it wasn't too small for me, the way this size Large Barbie tanktop is at Hot Topic. Of course there's no Barbie in sight. There is however, a large pile of "disney vintage" shirts.

Also, in the disappointments category, no neopets yet. And I got an email from some freak who contacted me because he saw that I won an auction by the seller, and he won an auction and hasn't gotten his thing yet. I spent $28, and if i don't get my neopets, drastic measures may need to be taken. I have the mailing address, and I recieved an email confirmation that my payment was recieved, so the address is valid. Now may be the time to start plotting revenge. You all can help.

so, right now i'm a good 700 calories lighter from not having a milkshake, and pissed off about ebay. Of course, that will all change when i find a set of high numbered baby-sitters club books selling for a low price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home