ice cream making and ranting

Friday, June 18, 2004

I like competitions

i don't really like competiting myself. can you think of a more non-competitive profession than librarian? But competition is fantastic. Especially watching it on tv, or reading about it in the new book i'm reading called Cook Off- Recipe Fever in America by Amy Sutherland. Apparently cook offs are quintessentially American. And I'm pretty darn quintessentially American (in the good sort of way). Really, if we can think of something, we can think of a way to make it competitive.

Sit me down in front of the tv watching iron chef, junk-yard wars, animal face off, trading spaces, the pilsbury bake off, food festivals etc and i'm set. people who are good at what they do make me happy. and watching them fight to the death (or for a new stove) is even better. And that word freak book about competitive scrabble. I love the crazies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home