ice cream making and ranting

Monday, May 01, 2006

No Big Hair


Self-indulgence

It’s been just over a month, and my fancy new hair is just about to slide off the front page of my blog. Thanks everyone for your compliments. I thought I’d have a moment of reflection.

I totally don’t miss my hair. I thought I would. But I don’t. Most of the time I don’t even notice that it’s shorter. And half the time I’m too lazy to style my hair so I just pull it back into a ponytail anyway.

I still hate using the hairdryer, but combing through my hair is exponentially easier. And curling my hair takes a tiny bit less time, but brushing it out at the end is magical. My favorite style with my new hair is to curl it overnight, wear it in ringlets the next day, and brush it out the next day. That day it gets totally awesome and fluffy. I think I’m going to have to experiment with larger curlers. My hair curls much tighter without all that extra weight, and I’m a bit too old to look like Shirley Temple.

One thing that bothers me is that my hair falls out differently now. Before I’d just collect a ton of it on my brush. All the resistance just pulled out any loose hair. But now it just comes out whenever. My brush is neat and clean. And I’ll just get an handful of hair at odd times during the day. It freaks me out a little, and I keep having to remind myself how little is stuck to my brush.

Cutting my hair hasn’t really changed my life. Somehow I thought it would. Oh well. I guess my life changes have to be a bit less superficial.

/self-indulgence




3 Comments:

  • At May 01, 2006 4:05 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    As Lydia's broken vaccuum will attest, your hair always did come out whenever.

     
  • At May 01, 2006 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree about the freakiness of hair falling out. I recently thought that mine was perhaps falling out more than usual due to stress, but then I realized: yes, it will come out in small handfuls at a time, and yes, it collects on the floor like over-sexed dust bunnies, but (a) my room here is tiny, so there aren't many places it can really end up besides on the floor; and (b) I think I've got the causality down: it doesn't really stick in the brush b/c the brush pulls it out, but then it's not long enough to stick in the brush, so it just gets stuck in my hair. And then it comes out in handfuls.

    Ah, the things I will think about to NOT think about criminal law....

    PS I still think your hair cut was a great choice, and for a great cause--even if KFed also thinks it's a good idea. Even KFed has to get something right sometime....

     
  • At October 18, 2022 10:30 PM, Anonymous Millwork Metairie Terrace said…

    Great read thannks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home