ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tune Out

It's the devil's week. Yes, TV turn-off week.

Gag! No one comes between me and my TV.

As an incentive to kids at Sacred Heart School in Grand Forks, North Dakota."Those who made it through the week will get to see Roger Voeller hypnotize a chicken next week. And it will be a live chicken, Shirley."

Now, I don't know much about chicken hypnotizing. But I'm pretty sure that it is not more educational than many programs on TV. And I'd be willing to say it's a lot more sensational than what passes for TV news these days. Not that I've ever agreed with PETA in my life, but now seems like the time for them to step in. I'm pretty sure watching TV involves less animal abuse.

Surely, watching the chicken factory on TV is better than some hack with a trained chicken. There may be something to be said about replacing TV with some activities. But, I'm 100% sure that chicken hypnotizing isn't one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home