ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Library Roundup


It may not look like I spent a day and a half making a website. But it did, and I’m pretty happy with the results. If this doesn’t bring my grade up, I might as well give up and die. It’s full of informational links, clear, uncluttered, and organized in a slightly more logical way that most, I think. And thanks to Google, its super-quick to load. Compare mine to what current libraries have up, and I’m pretty okay. It's not perfect, but it'll do. I have to say I’m hesitant about posting here because of the URL, but someone needs to see it. And I imagine, when you Google my name in the future, this will come up. And it will have been something I want employers to find.

In other library news, in conjunction with this winter’s much anticipated release of TNT’s made for TV The Librarian: Return to King Solomon’s Mines, they will also be releasing a comic book.

The comic will be made by Atlantis Studios who, for the low, low starting price of $600 will make a comic book to your specs. They are the ones responsible for the Liberteens comic book—“courageous team of super-powered teenagers who fight against ignorance of the Constitution and fight to defend out civil rights”

I realize that I know people, or at least know people who know people who would perform this service for under $600. But, until now, it never occurred to me that this was a viable commercial service. So, take that, every elementary school teacher who discouraged comics.

And in more boring news, I’ve said it before, and I’ve said it again. Librarians may be good at a lot of things, but humor has never been one of them. In fact, it's missed the boat so far, that suspect it might be meant to be serious. Geeks and Nerds Battle for the Soul of Librarianship

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home