ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Who would have thought? It figures.


Young man's leap for life ended in death

The 20-year-old jumped off MB pier to celebrate his sobriety. But rip currents kept him from shore.

He had struggled through adolescence with substance abuse and had finally emerged successfully from the thrall of alcohol and drugs. He'd been sober for two years. Then on a recent, chilly Sunday morning, Daniel decided to celebrate this turn in his life. He made a whimsical choice to celebrate two years of alcohol- and drug-free living with a breathtaking plunge off the Manhattan Beach Pier, swim ashore and proclaim his victory over addiction.

When I have some free time I think I'll start a blog of stories about people who have died from exercise or health &c. Until then, this will still be home for stories like that.

See what happens when you give up the sauce? Nothing good, that's for sure. Personally, I'm inspired. I think I'll amp up the drinking and whoring. Because a life of abstinence leads to untimely death. And if I have to die an untimely death, I might as well go out like everyone's favorite whore, Marilyn Monroe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home