ice cream making and ranting

Monday, April 10, 2006

Nothing's Better than Friends

The start of the month came so quickly, I didn’t realize what was happening until I was tipsy and taking pictures of Lydia wearing my dress.

But most importantly, the date I’ve been waiting for, for months, passed without me realizing it. April 1, the day the Baby-Sitters Club graphic novel was released. Thanks to Tom for picking me up a copy of the book, because Amazon’s actions cannot be condoned. They need a proof reader. It is not, has never been and never will be Baby-Sitter’s Club (possessive) it’s Baby-Sitters Club (plural). I think occasionally Claudia will get it wrong, but you can’t trust her for anything but snacks and art. Clearly the cover of the book does not have an apostrophe. And clearly in the original book they go through the apostrophe/no apostrophe thing.

And thanks to Debbie, I may just have to join live journal. Certainly this is proof that Wikipedia is better than any encyclopedia, ever. Where else will you find such information? And the BSC LJ community, full of girls my age trying to live in the past. Magical. I’m very afraid of what this community will do to me. I can see myself slowly becoming obsessed. None of my friends in elementary school loved the BSC as much as I did. But I can see that these girls are way up there in the ranks. Clearly, this post is only the start of something much larger. (It's a good thing I have 2 full albums of BSC music to use as post titles.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home