ice cream making and ranting

Monday, March 20, 2006

Two runners die in Los Angeles marathon

Yes, the marathon was this weekend.

2 people died, a third had a heart attack but didn't die. 75 other people had to be medically treated.

When will it end?! When will people stop running their freaking marathons, stop draining our emergency response resources? When will they listen to me? How many more people have to die? When will they learn?

This girl in my office ran. She was in bad shape today. Stupid runners. They deserve it.

Yes, I'm saying it now. Marathon runners deserve to die. They're just show offs. It's not healthy. And what most people don't realize is that the LA Marathon is not a charity event. No dying children benefit, nothing. They just close down the streets and draw our emergency personnel away from any real emergencies that may be happening. Just because.

2 Comments:

  • At March 20, 2006 11:08 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    Have you seen the billboards with the exhilarated people with the caption "Misery" or the miserable people with the caption "Joy"?

    They should have one with a dead person and the caption "Alive."

     
  • At March 21, 2006 4:44 PM, Blogger C said…

    I wish I had seen the billboards. I haven't been around LA lately. And ever since the whole 40 year old fiasco, I been actively practicing not looking at billboards.

    I might like the marathon if there were lions, or at least bulls, or something.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home