ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

ain't no other hope in this whole world

last night i had the strangest dream. I don't know what my problem is, but the older i get, the fewer dreams i remember. Am i losing my childlike imagination completely?? that would make me very sad.

I was taking a class on my elementary school campus. first some mean PE lady made me play basketball with a bunch of middle school kids. Then the same lady led us into the classroom, which was not quite adult sized, but possibly bigger than elementary school sized. I was very upset, because, for some reason, i needed this class, and I did not want to deal with the mean PE lady. the class was about 20 people, sitting in two long rows. about half senior citizens, and half middle school kids. I was the only one my age. then the real teacher walks in, and it's my favorite librarian. In my mind, I know he's still a librarian and he's teaching the class for fun, or charity or something. I'm very concerned about fitting in with the children. Before I see that Mr. Librarian is the teacher, I start thinking of all the things in my wardrobe that will make me look younger, cartoon shirts, pink things etc. but when i see who the teacher is, I'm glad I'm dressed appropriately.

I don't really know what the class is about, my librarian brings out some jewelry. There's a costume bracelet, and a few other things. Then he starts talking about this pink thing, it's a broach or a pendant or something. He owns it, and just wanted the kids to learn about geology, and see a real rock. It's a 2k pink diamond surrounded in tons of little pink diamonds (thinking about it now, 2k isn't really that big, it's healthy, but certainly not big enough to cause me to do dumb things. but whatever, it's more than i have now. and pink). i'm not sure that anything like that exists in the world. the kids weren't too excited, they dont' know the value of crap. the old people were definitely interested. but i couldn't contain myself. I was so in awe of this jewelry in front of me that I asked him to marry me, in front of the whole class. He kind of stammered and took back the diamonds and changed the subject.

that was pretty much the dream. even in my dreams I can't get boys to like me!!! See why girls shouldn't make the first move, they're too easily distracted by shiny rocks.

...a princess and a bride, two things [I'll] never be...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last night I had the strangest dream
The war was over but i had no peace
The moon was waning so it wasnt the beams
Its just a dream but i have no peace
I eavesdropped on my masters they said that

last night we had the strangest dream
it was disturbing, oh what does it mean?
monkey in a turban, oh what does it mean?
last night we had the strangest dream
we better go to the mayor then we drove

downtown to have a talk with the mayor
he told my masters, uh, cant you see?
what we have here is a prophecy
cross your fingers people say a prayer
im not a religious dog but i say that

Better pray for the girls
Better pray for the girls
Aint no other hope in this whole world

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home