ice cream making and ranting

Monday, May 15, 2006

Ice Cream Men

I tried 2 new flavors of Ben and Jerry’s this weekend, and they’re delicious

Dublin Mudslide isn’t actually new, but it’s new to me.

Irish Cream Liqueur Ice Cream with Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Coffee Fudge Swirl

I don’t really have much commentary on this one, the description pretty much speaks for itself. And it’s great! I might try my hand at an Irish cream ice cream myself.

And Marsha Marsha Marshmallow is new.

Chocolate Ice Cream with Fudge Chunks & Toasted Marshmallow & Graham Cracker Swirls

Cute name, yes. But I was more curious about the Graham cracker swirl. How do you make a graham cracker swirl, they’re not liquid. I’m still not sure how they do it, but the graham swirl is the best part. It’s not really graham cracker as much as it is extra crunchy crushed graham cookie swirl. It’s totally worth a try. I just wish the marshmallow swirl froze a little better, even when you take it straight from the freezer it’s just not frozen, and there’s a lot of it, so when you dig in with the spoon it comes out in layers.

Next I might try the Black and Tan although Vermonty Python sounds slightly more reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home