ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Consider yourself chastised

That’s it, I’ve had it.

All of you people who think I should patron places like “bars” and “clubs” and “supermarkets” and “libraries” in search of boys, just give up. There is no reason for me to talk to complete strangers, if you all won’t talk to friends of friends.

I threw a great party, but after the beginning, I got distracted with kitchen matters and didn’t do much for introductions. Yes, I could have done better. But so could you. SHAME, SHAME on you guests. I don’t want to hear how my friends from high school wouldn’t mingle. And I don’t want to hear how my college friends wouldn’t mingle. To this I have to say, I guess I’m much more fabulous than you, because my friends talk to me.

I was a little busy with the not burning the house down, and all. Take some initiative. Most of you have at least met before. You read the blogs. You know I’m a friend in common. Mostly, you’re not strangers, you’re friends of friends. And friends of friends are perfectly acceptable conversation partners.

It’ll probably be a while before I empty enough people out of my house to have another party. And, next time I’ll probably have all disposable partyware, and onion dip from a box. Then I’ll have time and energy to force some kind of interaction, because, apparently, you need it. But remember, at my wedding to lovely boy not met while on the prowl for fresh meat, I’m not going to be nearly as understanding.

8 Comments:

  • At January 04, 2006 6:36 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    I'm sorry for not mingling better. It did occur to me that we were not mingling but I was not aware that either group felt slighted by it. I thought we were both satisfied being cliquish and isolated. And I do not hold you responsible. I blame only my crippling social ineptitude.

     
  • At January 04, 2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    I didn't fly 400 miles to talk to relative strangers. I can walk three blocks to the Ruby Room or Luka's and meet new people. I came down to spend time with people I have missed and cared about -- mostly my family, but also you, Cynth, and Kenny, Stephanie, Boback, and Stevie. You mashed potato bar was lovely, your seating ample, and your alcohols varied, but also not what I came for.

    It was good to see you, Cynth. Next time please chastise me while I can still do something about it.

     
  • At January 04, 2006 10:41 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    I actually only read Beth's blog, and only occasionally. I clicked on Ryan's that one time since Kenny pointed it out but haven't gone back since the bloody finger.

    Anyway, I put some effort into mingling, so I don't feel much guilt. I agree with Zack that it's tough when you really want to catch up with good friends you only get to see a couple times a year. Then again, Zack's awful in social situations.

     
  • At January 05, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger C said…

    Just to be clear, I don't care that much about the mingling. sure, it'd be nice, but whatever. I just don't want to hear about it.

     
  • At January 05, 2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    All right, who's been pestering Cynthia about the mingling?

     
  • At January 05, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    It wasn't me, man, I swear.

     
  • At January 05, 2006 4:58 PM, Blogger C said…

    it wasn't only Beth, it came from both sides which is why it needed posting, because i'm not going to have half my friends deciding that the other half hates them for no reason at all. I was more in line with Kenny's "I thought we were both satisfied being cliquish and isolated" but people were grumpy, I suppose. Although, everyone seemed to be having a good time.

     
  • At January 05, 2006 10:50 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    next time cyndi (cynthia, cynth, whatever)

    I think she goes by Cynthesizer.




    ...or waddle dee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home