ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, December 22, 2005

I just don't watch movies

Inspired by Kenny, I started to think about the movies I’ve seen this year. I'm really having a hard time thinking of more than 6 movies. Although, it is entirely possible that I've only seen 6 this year. I still find it hard to believe, because I love going alone to the $3 theater and passing the time in a ¼ filled theater.

Herbie and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Kenny (and Stephanie for Charlie),
Wallace and Gromit with Beth and Ryan,
Madagascar with my sister at the $3 theater,
The Perfect Man at the $3 theater with my mom and sister
Hitchhikers Guide with my dad at a free preview.

That’s 6. One every other month. And only 2 that I paid more than $3 cash for because of a still not fully used AMC gift card I got for Christmas. I know I don’t like going to the movies. But after reflecting, actions speak louder than words, and I really don’t like it.

TV really is my preferred medium. I’ll basically watch any piece of crap they put on, as exemplified by my recent viewing of the ABC Family Channel’s Christmas in Boston, which is so awful it doesn’t even have an imdb site. It is indescribably how awful this movie is. They give away the entire plot in the commercial for the movie, there are no twists, turns or complications. Oh, and the plot is L-A-M-E to begin with. The denouement is predictable (and if it wasn’t they already showed it in the commercial). I wish I could have gotten my mom to sit down and watch it, because she would have loved it. She hates anything that is slightly complicated, unpredictable or non-linear. Still, it was on TV, therefore I watched it. Long live TV.

My favorite movie I saw this year was Desk Set, I was only 48 years late to jump on that bandwagon. And I borrowed it for free at my local library, and watched it on my TV.

3 Comments:

  • At December 22, 2005 3:20 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    Apparently I'm too lazy to look this up: Is The Perfect Man harrowing sci fi or cloying romantic comedy? Or neither?

     
  • At December 22, 2005 4:07 PM, Blogger C said…

    the cloyingest. starring no one's favorite but my own, Hilary Duff.

     
  • At December 22, 2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/index2005.html was the link I used to check my list of movies. It gave me a few that I'd forgotten I'd seen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home