ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Take Me Out

I made the mistake of going to Best Buy yesterday. I’ve been trying to buy a digital camera, but they never have what I’m trying to buy. In addition to being out of stock of another camera, they were way more crowded than I’ve ever seen it. There was literally a line out the door for returns. And the line for the regular cash registers wasn’t much better. And it was loud. There were electronic noises coming from everywhere. It made me feel very old and crotchety. I would have just walked right out, but my sister wanted to explore.

They had Guitar Hero set up, and never could I have imagined a bigger group of rhythmless boys. Having played once, I’m obviously an expert. These boys (in their late teens) were playing the easy songs on the easy level and failing like 25% in. (you know, the Franz Ferdinand, the Ramones...) There were about 6 in line to play, my sister had never tried. And I considered letting her wait her turn. It couldn’t have taken very long, considering how awful the boys were. But I couldn’t handle it.

Honestly, in what world is anyone worse than me at some kind of video game? If I had been younger, and if the store were less buzzing with crazy Dec. 26 shoppers, I could have shown those boys up! In what world could that happen?


Like I always say, I have rhythm, I just don’t have coordination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home