ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Accessories for a cause


Today was my week of giving selfishly. In exchange, I will get jewelry.

I finally bought my Banned Book Week bracelets, although, from what I hear about the ALA store, chances are I won’t get them in time for Banned Book Week. Unlike every other bracelet for a cause, these are not disgusting, nor are they made of brightly colored rubber.

And, the favorite jewelry of the 1 cent short gang to covet, smallthings, is giving half of their sales this week to mercy corps, for hurricane relief. This is actual quality stuff. And the lady is very nice. I suggest buying now, if you ever want to buy.

Apparently I’m not the only one interested in hurricane relief who hasn’t given for any other disaster. Americans give record amounts of aid to Katrina victims

The American Red Cross said it had received 485 million dollars in gifts and pledges for the hurricane relief effort as of Wednesday, of which 251 million has been received online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home