ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Mindset List

I have to say, I don’t know, or care to know, what this Beloit college is. But I do know I’m glad I didn’t go there, because they think very little of their students. And I know y’all hate lists, so here’s another.

Every year, apparently they publish a Mindset List


I won’t even try to speak for a year that’s not mine, because the 1980/2002 list is problematic enough. A school in New Zealand has taken up the list making, but they stick to historical facts. Beloit just decides to pass value judgments on what kids know or remember. I won’t list all the ones I disagree with, because that’ll be super boring. I’ll try to only bore you for a bit:

They can only remember one other president.

Even assuming the statement means presidents in my lifetime --- good gosh

Bottle caps have not always been screw off, but have always been plastic. They have no idea what a pull top can looks like.

Huh?? What?? Huh? Last time I checked, they still make metal bottle caps.

And some need no annotation

They are too young to remember the Space Shuttle Challenger blowing up.

Roller-skating has always meant in-line for them.


As far as they know, stamps have always cost about 32 cents.

There has always been MTV, and it has always included non-musical shows.

1 Comments:

  • At August 24, 2005 2:21 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    They lived in the Himalayas for the first thirteen years of their lives

    They are mentally retarded

    Their memories were wiped clean at the age of 12 and they had to be potty-trained from scratch

     

Post a Comment

<< Home