ice cream making and ranting

Friday, June 25, 2004

Not lovin' it anymore

The McDonald's neopets promotion is now over. I'm sad because I still need 5 more. I'm happy because I can stop eating the food.

I've pretty much given in and decided that I've been totally screwed by the lady on ebay and i've lost my $28. And I will never see those neopets i ordered. So, yesterday (thurs) I made a last ditch effort to collect the neopets the old fashioned way. I went McDonald's yesterday. A new record for me. I went at lunch time to the wonderful one that gave me 2 unis last week. but alas, they were completely out of neopets. they did however try to offer me at least 4 different types of toys they had left over from previous promotions. I didn't even try going to the other one by my work, because they ran out of toys last week. I considered going to the one in the mall, which i could have reasonably made it to and back without being more than 5 minutes late. But I went 2 hrs before closing on wednesday, and they only had wockys, and lots of them.

So, after work I headed to the McDonalds that I thought would be my heaven. And it turned out it was, on wednesday. Wednesday they opened their 2 "customer satisfaction" boxes that held some of all 16 toys. ALL 16!!! But yesterday they only had grundos. And, this is the ugly frog thing with antennas that I'd been avoiding the most. But, I bought it anyway.

Then I tried another McDonald's on my way home. This also proved useful, because I picked up a red yurble and a yellow quiggle. I also tried minute maid strawberry soda, which I highly do not recommend. uggh! I don't know if i didn't pay attention to every other mcdonalds i'd been to the the last month, but I'd never seen it before. And hope to never see again.

Then I got greedy, I thought I'd go a little out of my way to try the mcdonalds by el camino community college. I figured these were people desparate to prove to someone that they were grown up and legitimate. That mcdonalds would have plenty of toys left. But no, they were completely out. They did have some kind of cool wizard lego toys that i almost bought, but with 3 happy meals in my car already i decided against it.

I tried to ask people to buy their display of neopets in the plastic case (the promotion was over after all). But the only one who had a reasonable, informed answer told me that they couldn't sell those toys. The give them to the workers after the promotion is over. I should have totally gotten a part time job at mcdonalds. I bet i'd really like making egg mcmuffins.

I need 5 more neopets, and I guess I'll end up buying them individually on ebay. Unless anyone has them to donate to my cause. Factoring in the techo that Stephanie is going to give me these are what I still need:

Aisha
Blumaroo
Moehog
Lupe
Shoyru

I don't feel so bad, I made a good show of trying to get them. The only one I had an opportunity to buy, but turned down because I thought i was getting it on ebay was the moehog.

p.s. I have an extra yellow ixi if it'll make anyone trade me for one that i need. I'm also considering listing my cloud scorchio on ebay. Last night one sold for $10.50 plus $3 s/h

3 Comments:

  • At June 25, 2004 8:37 AM, Blogger lydia said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At June 25, 2004 8:37 AM, Blogger lydia said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At June 25, 2004 12:20 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    I need a red moehog. I mean, not as much as I need a starry paintbrush, and certainly not as much as I desperately need a speckled negg, but I could really use a red moehog. poor Rob. First Zack abandons him... and I can't even get him a happy meal toy version of him. Nelly's the only one who's truly happy these days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home