ice cream making and ranting

Monday, January 09, 2006

C is for Cookie

I just ate the best cookie. Usually I have very little but disdain for store bought cookies. Mostly I don’t buy them with the exception of the occasional Circus Animals, or Oreo, or my yearly box of Samoas. And super expensive cookie botiques that charged exorbanant rates for subpar cookies always make me think I’m in the wrong business.

But David’s Cookies’ Butter Pecan Meltaways are the best mail order cookies ever! The ingredients are simple (and they’re actually made with butter, which was obvious from first sniff). It has all the ingredients of a shortbread, but it’s not as dense and much more delicious.
But, I think they left crack of the list, because, I just ate 1 and suddenly I don’t think it’s a bad idea to pay $30 plus shipping to get more. At least if I was buying cocaine, I'd get skinny.

It’s exactly what a mail order cookie should be. Not soft, so it’s obvious when it loses its 3 day freshness. And not hard like those gross Keebler pecan sandies. It’s rich and crunchy and just about melts in your mouth.

I’ve never heard of this David person before. But you can be sure that if I ever have any cookie mailing needs, he’ll have my business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home