ice cream making and ranting

Friday, October 28, 2005

7-11: 1 -- Starbucks: 0

Usually I listen to Zack on food related issues, except for his love of curry and hatred of coconut, we’re usually in sync. Other matters, not so much, but food and drink, pretty right on.

But I didn’t listen to his advice. I’ve heard people raving about the Starbucks pumpkin stuff. And I was supremely curious. So I put my $3.30 where my mouth is. While it’s not the most awful thing ever invented, it’s not very good, and definitely weird.

The thing is, it actually tastes like pumpkin. As established before, pumpkin is not that good. And it’s a rather disturbing pumpkin mixed with coffee color. I’d believe there’s actual pumpkin in it. And the spice part isn’t there so much. The pumpkin way overpowers any bits of cinnamon, cloves, ginger or nutmeg that might or might not be there. If I had tasted it before I walked away, I would have added the spices myself.

Also, I have a sweet tooth, but this thing to too sweet, for not having any of the spices to match. And I think it’s thicker at the bottom, and unless someone makes some coffee quick so I can mix it in, I think I’ll throw my bottom half away. It' s probably what I deserve after watching that perfectly good pumpkin pie be violated by Sandra Lee, and enjoying it.

It's a good thing I bought the pumpkin frozen yogurt to cleanse my palate.

1 Comments:

  • At October 29, 2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Zack said…

    "except for his love of curry and hatred OF THE TEXTURE OF OTHERWISE DELICIOUS coconut"

    The pumpkin sauce bottle says "natural and artificial flavors," so all bets are off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home