ice cream making and ranting

Monday, May 02, 2005

I've never eaten a sea mammal

After 20 years, whale meat returns to Japanese school lunch

If you go to Japan and come back without having tried whale, I will be very, very sad.

There was demand for whale meat but we simply could not afford it for school lunches. Before, the price of 100 grams (three 1/2 ounces) whale meat cost about 500 yen (four dollars), but now it costs about 125 yen, equivalent to that of chicken and pork," he said.

"Thanks to the help from the government, we were able to offer whale meat for our children," Sawada said.

2 Comments:

  • At May 04, 2005 11:13 AM, Blogger lydia said…

    wow. whale. that's big.

     
  • At May 04, 2005 9:33 PM, Blogger lyan! said…

    If I get the opportunity ever, I'm going to. As well as monkey, shark-fin soup, hippo, hell, even human.

    I don' know how the human'd come up but if I'm walking down an overly seedy bazaar corridor and some old man called me over saying, "...Pst! Hey man, wanna try some [looks around for authorities]... human?" I'd be intrigued. Of course I'd probably end up the human, but in my fantasy senario, I'm not. Bon Appétit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home