ice cream making and ranting

Friday, April 22, 2005

bevmo over the rainbow

I tried to visit bevmo during my lunch break today. I passed the sign for it a few weeks ago, and I thought it was weird that I hadn't heard anything about it, and it just appeared. I'm super tired today, and pretty much lacking motivation to do anything. Including my homework due tomorrow. I figured a shiny new store full of alcohol would cheer me right up.

Turns out, bevmo isn't open yet. It opens next friday. And boy does it look fantastic! I pissed of a few drivers while I was trying to peek inside. But I don't care. I'm counting the days until next friday when I can go inside. This is the first bevmo I've seen that wasn't in Berkeley, even though I've heard rumors of one in Long Beach.

But the cool part of the story is that this new Bevmo is opening in the same store that used to be a Super Crown Books. How fantastic is that? If they existed simultaneously it would be like everything I ever needed in the same space. Even my new cafe press shirt knows it's a perfect match. I am very much amused. There's nothing like botique vodka in a room that used to be full of discount books.

wheee!

2 Comments:

  • At April 22, 2005 3:45 PM, Blogger Zack said…

    Well, that's kinda sad. I liked Super Crown. Never bought too much from there ... I guess that's how it goes, huh? Is that curry place still a few doors down? I know this is all old news, and that Crown has been a husk for awhile. Oh well.

    There's a BevMo in Oakland too, at Jack London Square. Does that count as Berkeley somehow? It's close.

     
  • At April 25, 2005 9:50 AM, Blogger C said…

    I never said other bevmos don't exist, just that i've only been to one. and now that i check, it wasn't it berkeley at all, must have been albany.

    and the curry place is still there i think. since i hate curry i pretty much think of curry places as non-entities.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home