ice cream making and ranting

Friday, December 17, 2004

$100 is burning a hole in my pocket

last night was my office christmas party at the cheesecake factory. i was chagrined when i learned we were only allowed one drink ticket. then i saw the size of the drink which was able to keep me amused until the buffet was set up, which was able to keep me amused until the prizes were awarded.


the minimum prize was $40 from best buy. the top two prizes were a laptop and a plasma tv. i won a very satisfactory prize of a $100 macys gift card. it wasn't the $150 macys i was hoping for, but it also wasn't the $40 or the stupid ass $300 movado watch. i guess i could have sold that thing on ebay, but currently i'm in an instant gratification kind of mode.


so now i have $100 for my own amusement to spend at macys. it's a darn good thing i'll be in sf this weekend to do just that. the thing about $100 though, is that it's not enough to buy something expensive, yet too much to be satisfied with buying something moderately to low priced. i shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but $100 is not an ideal amount for much of anything. i'll probably do something stupid and buy another coat and have my free money cost me another hundred or so... please, stop me, i'm becoming too obsessed with buying coats. they are too expensive. i was much better off when i was buying paper goods.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home