ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

FFFF

This should really just be an email to Kenny and Stephanie:

Saturday I went out for drinks in Hermosa. I was in no mood to go to one of the super trendy, packed with beach kids bars though. So I ended up at Fat Faced Fenners Fishshack. Unfortunately they were no longer serving food. I got a quick look at a menu, and it seemed good and reasonable, especially considering it's half a block from the ocean.

As for the Saturday night bar scene, it was fine. The crowd didn't seem to like personal space though. Because everyone was crammed into certain places, while other perfectly good places were completely empty. Maybe they knew something I didn't know?

So, we staked a place out in an empty corner, where we could see the people milling about, standing in line at the other bars, quite happy that we had seats. And I didn't even mind too much when some weird 34 yr old came over to us, and tried to engage us in really unengaging conversation.

I wasn't in a beer mood on sat. but I did notice that they keep Pyramid Hefeweizen on tap, and as far as I'm concerned, you can't ask for a better accessory to fried fish than that. So, I'm definitely interested in going in the daytime for food. maybe the weekend of the 23rd? maybe the weather will be bad, and there'll actually be decent parking too.

1 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2004 5:37 PM, Blogger Kenny said…

    I'll be shooting my 3rd short film that weekend, but I'm not working at Kaplan at all so hopefully I can carve out a time to do this. I'll let you know when I find out whether I'm filming on Saturday or Sunday which day would be better for us to meet you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home