ice cream making and ranting

Monday, October 11, 2004

Internet fridge!

I have much more stuff to write, but really for the past 2 hours the
most important thing on my mind was that my mom made me go to best buy
to measure some freezers for her, and there it was, the first internet
fridge I'd ever seen in real life.

Now, had I not known what an internet fridge was, I would have just
walked right by, because the stupid thing didn't have any sort of
information attached to it, not even the price. But what matters is
that it is in the store now, and isn't still some concept for the
future.

This internet fridge seemed to not have the features I care about, such
as a camera inside, so you can find out what's in the fridge without
opening the door, and also i looked high and low and i didn't see the
bar code reader that is supposed to remind you when you're low on
something, and then (this is where the internet comes in) it askes you
if you want to buy it, and the sends the order to the store (which
store? i have no idea)

This fridge had a rather fancy panel for water and ice dispensing on
the freezer side, and on the fridge side there was a removable device
that i imagine was a touch screen. and you can use it as a calender and
to write notes and other pda type functions. or at least that was what
i could gather from the fake screen that had up. If there was a book I
could tell you more. I believe this is the fridge I saw.

that one features:
-dowloading recipes from the internet
-playing music
-a virtual fridge where you enter every item you have (this sounds like
an awful lot of work for no reason)
-the ability to sync up all of the rest of your internet appliances
-Bar code reader coming soon

Okay, so the current version of the internet fridge really isn't any bettter than having a computer near your kitchen and a paper calendar. but in the future, I'm sure I won't be able to live without it. Yea internet fridge!! yea! If any of you get one before I do, please can Icome over and play with your fridge?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home