ice cream making and ranting

Monday, September 27, 2004

In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room

My sister tried to download the Hilary Duff version of that song for me, unfortunately we ended up with the regular version mis-labeled.

I went to a fun little tiki bar, Purple Orchid, in El Segundo. I should have pictures for y'all next week. The crowd could have stood to be more tiki, but the place itself is cool. I got a drink in a volcano bowl (big enough for 2. i saw them make it in 2 pint glasses and then throw it into the blender). the bowl was like a small chip and salsa bowl, with the salsa in a cavity in the middle and the chips around it. only the blue was around and they set the middle on fire. yea for tiki! the bathroom was papered in pages from some old tiki book. you know how i love interesting bathrooms. Also cool in a creepy sort of way they had blow fish lights hanging from the ceiling. Some of them we wearing leis and sunglasses. It was fortunate it was a tiki bar and not a place that encouraged halucinatory drugs.

I imagine if you get there early, with a large group of people you could pretty much own the place. it would be fun for pictures. Mondays they have manicures and martini's for $10. I'm thinking I should start a website revewing every manicure and martini night I come across.

1 Comments:

  • At August 06, 2014 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amazing blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
    I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a little
    lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or
    go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally overwhelmed
    .. Any tips? Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my homepage; Toronto Plumbing Contractor

     

Post a Comment

<< Home