ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Weekend update

Yesterday I was too bored to post, it happens sometimes.

Sunday I went to an Iron Chef pot luck party, or as a former roomate of mine might call it, a death party. Everyone brought something using the theme ingredient, and the theme ingredient was nuts. It actually led to some surprisingly good things, like a pineapple almond fried rice, pear and gorgonzola salad with candied walnuts, and chocolate hazelnut cheese cake. Now my friends have proven they can cook, and if I show up to another christmas potluck full of KFC and store bought macaroni salad I'm going to be very disappointed.

I made the pillsbury bake-off $1 million winning recipe, which was much better than It looked and sounded. Probably not worth $1 million, but better than I expected. Oat and Honey granola pie I had to go buy corn syrup for this recipe. it was $3.29. Now, I'm under the impression that soda companies flavor their soda with corn syrup because it's cheaper than sugar, even though everyone prefers sugar. So, I wonder, is there so much demand by soda companies who use the entire world's stock of corn syrup that the home consumer has to pay through the nose? Or is the cheapness of corn syrup a lie they tell just so they can continue making an inferior product? Or do they just know that there's only one brand that consumers can buy and fix the price artificially high?

On saturday I got my new computer all set up and DSL, or is it cable, installed. Now, I'm happy with my computer again, and ready to start school. I spent a good 3 hours playing neopets with my new computer. This lead me to find out that there's a new lizzie mcguire cd coming out at the end of the month. And its about 1/2 songs I actually like, including ces't la vie, the song from the disney "life size" movie featuring tyra banks and a younger Lindsay lohan. also, the perfect day song from legally blonde, and the that's what girls do song from something...it also features a karaoke track for some of the songs. maybe it'll go on sale at target when it comes out. who wants to sing lizzie mcguire karaoke with me?

The cap of my blue jones soda today said: Soon you will encounter a whole new world of opportunity. I think it's right. And if only the purple corduroy messenger bag was on sale it would be the perfect accessory for me to take to school, make lots of friends and find me a husband. oh well. If Lizzie McGuire is my only companion, so be it.

Also, Hilary Duff's new single " the math" is coming out soon. Although, apparently it's on the metamorphosis cd already. It features gems like "if you can't do the math, then get out of the equation" and "is it a minus or a plus, does enough equal enough." ahhh math.... i wonder if hilary duff has found a whole new following of 12 year old geek boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home