ice cream making and ranting

Monday, August 16, 2004

Fullerton

I went to Fullerton this weekend for my orientation. I'd never been to fullerton before. But it was kinda pretty much how I imagined it, although it was a bit newer.

Being that school wasn't in session, the campus was practically deserted, there were no people to watch, and unfortunately, the book store was closed. But I parked in a spot that would make anyone who has ever driven in berkeley drool. How far from campus was it? Oh, I don't know, 10 steps maybe.

Surprise, surprise, it looked like a college campus. I didn't do too much exploring being that it was about 90 degrees. The strange thing was that to advertise their shindigs or whatever, clubs but small paperboard sign on sticks and stick them into the ground, like those people who have the political signs in their front garden, or lawn. I don't understand, but I guess it saves the school money because they don't have to put up super expensive kiosks on sproul with glass cases that can easily be smashed or otherwise defaced.

The video conferencing technology was super awesome. You sit at long tables with microphones for every 2 people. and you press the button on you mic, the camera will find you and you can talk. It was cool! I wish I had asked a question so I could play.

The demographic of my program is younger than I was expecting. I'd say about half of the people were girls within a few years of my age. Then there were 35-40% older women and that leaves 10-15% for older men. And lets not forget the 1 male who fell into my age category. He was originally from England, now he lives in San Diego, and should be able to have his pick of any of the girls in his classes down there.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home