ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Meow








Here I go perpetuating stereotypes.

Everyone knows I love my cardigan sweaters. My hair is probably the perfect length right now for a bun. I’m not married. I just went to the eye doctor and got a prescription (although I’m considering only getting sunglasses). And this little bundle of joy found me yesterday.

A stray had kittens, and we found them in the yard. Now I’m kitten-mom. The vet says she’s 3 weeks old. We have to bottle feed her for, probably, 2 weeks. Then we have to make sure grumpy old Dr. Claw doesn’t eat her when we let her live outside her carrier.

She doesn’t have a name yet. My dad wants to call her Delenn but I’m fighting as long as I can. It’s way too geeky for this cute little ball of fluff, and all the other cats will make fun of her. I wanted to name my next pet King Friday because one thing I just don’t say enough that would make my life better is “correct as usual, King Friday.” But I’m not about to raise a gender confused kitten.

Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home