ice cream making and ranting

Friday, November 04, 2005

Pumpkin Croquettes

Oh my goodness, so much work today. And it’s all in Spanish. You all know how I feel about foreign languages! I don’t I’m giving this post my all, but apparently there’s popular demand for finding out about pumpkin croquettes.

Yes I had them. They were good. It was pretty interesting. It tasted like pumpkin tempura. I guess different ways of frying pumpkin doesn’t change it much. It was a bit denser than I would have liked. By the time I got it home it was a little cold, so I can’t tell if that caused part of it, or if pumpkin is just naturally dense. It definitely seemed like a good hearty fall food, very filling.

Also, next to the hot section was the cold section. And along with the usual sushi, bento boxes and potato salad were the yakisoba sandwiches. Yes, right there in front of my own eyes was a noodle sandwich. It was rather Japanese sized, what I really would have liked was a giant American sized noodle sandwich. Although, it’s quite possibly unfathomable, and might have made my head explode. I’m thinking about getting a sandwich on my way home (but really, do I actually want to eat a noodle sandwich). And maybe another croquette. Maybe pumpkin, maybe vegetable. So many choices in one little market. Just don’t try the chicken, it’s gross.
I also bought 2 different brands of microwavable potstickers from the frozen section. I haven’t tried them yet. Has anyone tried these before? I can imagine they’re a bit lacking since they’re missing the whole sticking-to-the-pot part, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home