ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pumpkin Spice

I went out to Party City today, just to kill some time during lunch. What a miserable experience, so many children trying to get costumes, and so much whining. I have to say their wig selection is very much lacking. However, if you’re looking for ears on headbands and tails they have 3’ x 9’ devoted to them. Never have I seen so many options for ears on headbands, with mix and match tails.

Next door is a Vons. I was going to pick up a frappucino from the Starbucks inside, I am only 1 away from getting one free from Vonsclub. There was a line like I’d never seen, and packed with old people. And I couldn’t justify going to the next door Starbucks and not get vonsclub credit for my drink purchase. I was sure I didn’t eat enough for lunch, and since I wouldn’t be eating again till late, I figured I could do with a few more calories, and a bit more caffeine wouldn’t hurt either. But who needs caffeine when you have pumpkin spice frozen yogurt??? No one, I say. Yum! Apparently it’s the first day they’ve had it this year, and the lady who sold it to me was nothing but excited. She wouldn’t shut up! She waited all year for it. Yes all women love pumpkin pie spice, and the yogurt is fat free…. So I took mine as quick as I could and left. I may go back tomorrow. And as soon as I get a kitchen again I’ll be making my own pumpkin ice cream--- as fat full as it comes!

Next time, I’ll probably try a pumpkin latte from Starbucks. I also hear that 7-11 has a pumpkin flavor coffee, but I can’t confirm it.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home