ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Usually I pay attention. I’m the one in my house who reads the fine print to find out how much shipping you have to pay in the book club, what hoops you have to jump through to get off the list, etc.

But I was blindsided by Cinderella. Dreaming, maybe. I got up Sunday morning and tore to the newspaper. I painstakingly pulled out the ads and started going over them. It’s the same price everywhere, as I would have guessed (except Wal-Mart, I hear. But I can’t confirm for myself). But, it’s the prizes that make a difference. Why would you get it from K-mart when Target will give you a free “glass slipper” necklace? And why the heck would you want a cheap necklace when you can get a lithograph from Best Buy. Well, as it turns out, it’s because you have to be a reward zone member to get the prize. I’ve never noticed this to be the case before. I got my best buy edition of Fraggle Rock without the card. I got my free (yet incredibly ugly) Thumper without the card. I know there were more prizes I got without the card. But, Cinderella requires the card. Hmmph!! And I didn’t find that out until I stopped, already late from returning from lunch. Hmmph! I didn’t really want it before, just kinda. It’s not like I’m going to display it, and I don’t need more stuff to store. I just love my prizes. But, now that I can’t have it I definitely want it more. If my dad can’t find his card, I’m just going to have to give in and get the necklace from Target.

Speaking of Target, I got the new Hilary Duff CD for $10 on Sunday. Review forthcoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home