ice cream making and ranting

Friday, May 13, 2005

freak things

Today I saw a truck. It was a freezer truck, the extra large kind, not a normal one. The whole side of the trailer was advertising the lemon and lime flavored ice cubes they sell at the grocery store. I don't think I know anyone who has ever bought those. I almost had to buy them one 4th of july, because they seemed to be out of regular ice, but then they brought a whole cart full of normal ice from the back. I can't imagine the whole state needing that giant truck full of flavored ice, much less having it be useful for local deliveries. Has anyone tried this ice before? I imagine it's not useful for much, except maybe margaritas. Lime flavored root beer anyone? Lemon in your coffee?

also, at the mall today, there were these freakish babies. More freakish than i usually think babies are. They were blonde twins wearing pink dresses, and their thin little baby hair was sticking up in pig-tails at about a 25 degree angle, like antenna, or like someting from that cat in the hat movie. and the creepy things were staring at me and laughing. I could not get away fast enough.

Tonight I go to see the shag musical.
Tomorrow is the famed strawberry festival. I imagine this will be much better than the garlic and avocado festival combined, if only for the fact that strawberry ice cream actually tastes good. Also, it may be the first festival I've seen featuring beer made with the theme ingredient.

what a great weekend! I'm sure the'll be plenty more freakish things to blog about, maybe I'll have a giant strawberry man picture to post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home