ice cream making and ranting

Monday, August 07, 2006

Worst day ever

Saturday was super fun hanging out with Ryan and various past squelchers. Quite possibly the skating rink warrants a whole post to itself. And we all agreed that it was really awesome to hang out in a group again, and it should happen more often. And I stayed out later than I should have. Which gave me a bit of a late start with my homework yesterday.

And 5 mins into turning on my computer, it decides to go and crash. Not a simple little restart, run a scan, everything is ok crash. No the hardcore, won’t even start in safe mode, wants to wipe my entire hard drive and start over kind.

Being a very bad librarian, I never back up my data. Being a few days from the end of the semester, I have many partially started projects that would absolutely cost me the semester if I didn’t recover them. Luckily my sister was home, and we put my hard drive in her computer, recovered my data, then did some disc scans, and managed to (knock on wood) get my computer back up and running. And I have copies of my work in 3 places now.

This little detour caused me a few hours of trouble, but more importantly, unmeasurable stress. It’s a very fragile feeling knowing a few hundred dollars worth of electronics can make or break your future. There was a bit of crying involved during the bleakest part of the process.

To top it off, my legs have been sore for 3 days (too much stress and computer sitting? I just don’t know). My mouse hand/ wrist is starting to annoy me. And this morning, my lower back has decided it wants in on that action. I would say that I’m too old for school and this nonsense, but that would mean everyone else in my program is practically dead. I will be very glad to be done with this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home