ice cream making and ranting

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nickel for your thoughts?


US bill seeks penny's end

Apparently pennies cost 40% than their worth to make. All cash is annoying to deal with but pennies are by far the most inconvenient.

I’d love to never have to deal with pennies again, but even I’m not sure I’d like if they were gone. What would you smoosh in those penny smooshing machines? What would you glue to the bottoms of small things to make them stand up? And what about teaching kids counting?

"The only reasons for wanting a penny now are nostalgia and inertia, and those are two pretty bad reasons for doing anything," said Dubner.

Dubner is waging his own small-scale battle against the penny. When he receives change, he picks out the pennies and either gives them back or throws them in the garbage. "Why would I want to carry about this extra weight in my pocket?" he asked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home