ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Confessions of a Shopaholic

I was going to go to bed early and curl up with my fantastic competitive eating book that’s been sitting around since June, waiting for me to have a chance to read it. But, of course, I had to check my email one last time. And of course, that lead to more things. And pretty soon I was buying Desk Set which, for some reason last night was $7.97 instead of the current $9.99. What a deal!

And as I was checking out Amazon recommended (1953) Walt Disney Treasures - Disney Rarities - Celebrated Shorts, 1920s - 1960s. How did it know this is exactly what I wanted? I never buy Disney movies through Amazon, you get prizes when you buy them at the store. And I looked through the whole Disney Treasures series, and Rarities is the one I wanted most.

This is a collection of the Disney cartoons that were always on tv when I was little—and really up until a few years ago when the Disney channel banished the old cartoons to Toon Disney. They are the cartoons that don’t feature the regular Disney characters.

I just about clicked to buy it after the first cartoon I noticed listed was Lambert, the sheepish lion. Wow, talk about a song that gets stuck in your head. I didn’t even have to see the cartoon, all I had to do was think it… always tryin’ to be a wild and wooly sheep…

Then I saw Pigs is Pigs. What a great cartoon.. Whether they come in pairs or they come in sets, if they have 4 feet, they’ll be classified as pets. And there are the 2 Humphrey Bear cartoons, Paul Bunyan, the Ben Franklin one, and the Casey driving the train. It seems the only ones I’ll miss are Casey at Bat, and the one about the hats in love.

If anyone knows what these Alice cartoons are, please enlighten me. Or, I suppose I’ll figure it out on Thurs. Expect full on Fraggle Rock type reviews as long as my leisure time holds.

Can you imagine living in the past, not being able to buy your childhood back… one DVD set at a time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home