ice cream making and ranting

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I don't know much about art





But I know I like a gimmick. And the Art-o-Mat is one. A guy restores vintage cigarette machines, and artists make art that can fit in cigarette boxes. At $5 each, it's about as much as a beer, and just as much fun. The one on the right is stuff found on the ground in various museums. I got a piece of grass from MOCA. It's numbered, labeled and dated, like a good museum piece. If you can't tell, the other two are earrings. Maybe Beth and Jana will post what they got, I don't remember. But I'm sure it was cool.

Next time you go on vacation, consider one of these cities. Lydia, the SF one isn't far from Jeremy's. Tom, I expect a full report from every place your company sends you to.

1 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2006 9:54 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    OH MY GOSH!

    I saw that machine on Sunday! It lives in the studio where I was doing that apparel photoshoot. How very coincidental. We saw the Art-o-Mat on the way out and all oohed at how shiny and sparkly red it was (cuter than the one in your photo, no offense). We thought it was just some kitschy display and didn't realize it was actually a vending machine.

    We'll have to visit next time you're in town.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home