ice cream making and ranting

Sunday, January 29, 2006

File under geek

I’ve been watching this season's Beauty and the Geek, and it’s almost as good as last season. Except, they kinda know how the game works, and there’s more talk of learning and changing—not just living in a house and seeing how different their lives are. Hmmph.

I’m in love with Karl. I don’t know much about him, and the website seems to be acting funny. What I do know is he is the most adorably awkward. And he’s a dungeon master. There’ s an interview where he says a girl called him to “ask him over,” but he went to play dungeons and dragons instead. Sarah, I may need your help with the D&D if I’m going to win this boy over. He showed promise last week when he narrowly lost the furnishing a bedroom competition. I liked his the best.

It’s too bad I’ll never be beauty or geek enough to get on the show.

I seem to like the adorable awkward nerd lately. When I was at Ruby’s, I couldn’t stop watching this boy in the paper hat and bowtie. He wore it like he believed it. Why wasn’t he our waiter?!

But, even I have to draw the line somewhere. I got the latest ALA Graphics catalog last week, but waited until I went to my 2 day cataloging class. And yes, everything I imagined about catalogers was true. I could definitely see my professor proudly drinking from his tea or coffee cup with the correct Dewey Decimal number on the back (filed under beverage, not plant).

At least the tea one has a style. The coffee mug looks like some kid made it 10 years ago with his first computer. It’s really too bad food and drink aren’t allowed in the library. Just in case you don’t have eagle eyes, the words under the Coffee number are:

Collection: Non-fiction
Status: In library
Availability: 1 copy cup

And if you can’t get enough, you can label your cat and dog so they can never show their faces in public again. It’s a good thing this isn’t high school, because I can totally imagine some sitcom that involves the high school dewey class where they have to stick labels on household items.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home