ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

H&M

My trip up north was supposed to rejuvenate me, instead it just made me realize how much better vacation is than regular life, and I should do it more often.

Of interest to people of my latitude, is the H&M opening that luckily happened to coincide with my visit. SF was clogged with people, and lots of them were carrying H&M bags. Since I saw that they survived the visit, it gave me more confidence that I too could survive the crazys. I was there on opening day, which, technically, made me a crazy too. And, it was pretty much everything I hoped it would be. Everything was new, shiny and clean. The clothes were much better than I expected. And the prices were fantastic. If they weren’t so retarded about opening more stores in Calif, they’d give all those crap stores a run for their money—better stuff for the same prices. Since I pretty much got the full winter collection experience, I can’t vouch for how whore-y the spring/summer collection is. But, I hope to find out in the next few months.

The soundtrack playing in the store was pretty great. It kept the energy up, and may have been the only thing keeping me from melting in the 30-45 minute dressing room line. It was mash-ups of songs I like with mostly other songs I liked. Those silly Europeans and their mash-ups!

I bought 2 velvet skirts, 1 fancy, 1 not, and a handful of random accessories. I got this thing made out of fake pearls, expensive with its $30 price tag, but you’d never find it anywhere else. It’s indescribable, possibly I’ll take a picture. Even though it’s pearls, it’ll be perfect for belly dancing. And If after a few months, I don’t like it, I’ll spray paint it silver. Also, we got free H&M printed folding umbrellas.
-------
And for those of you keeping track: I spent forever looking online for a picture of the shirt I saw at Paul Frank. It’s just not there. It says Paris, London, Rome (or something) with pics of the typical landmarks. No Torrance though.

1 Comments:

  • At December 02, 2005 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so jealous that they opened an H&M in San Francisco... There is seriously nothing out here in Michigan. Though there is this Nordstrom-like store called Van Maur, and they sell this hideously ugly line of shoes called something California... Like, "Kierjan California" or something. And I know that the fact that they supposedly come from California is a major selling point, but they are the most mid-western looking shoes I've ever seen. No one in California would be caught dead in them! Seriously, not even dead! These people really need to get a clue...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home