ice cream making and ranting

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Indulgences


I’ve been keeping this secret for too long. If this is posted it means, Lydia has opened her birthday presents, and we’ve all had a good stiff drink.

I got Shaken and Stirred : Through the Martini Glass and Other Drinking Adventures from the library. It’s a collection of columns from the NY times. At first it was a bit too pretentious for me, but I got into to quickly. And the gem of the book can be read here (although it’s missing 2 of the cocktail recipes)

You see, there’s this drink. It’s called the Martin Luther because it “nails you to the door.” Although, I'm not entirely sure how Martin Luther would feel about this indulgence.

There’s not much I love more than mixing geekery with drinking, and this is no pansy drink either. It’s a variation of a gin martini, but with whiskey instead of vermouth.


Martin Luther

1oz Bushmills Irish Whiskey
5oz Gin, chilled
Lemon twist

Swirl the whiskey in a martini glass to "wash" the sides. Add the gin. Garnish with a lemon twist.

3 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2005 10:00 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    speaking from the door:

    It really does. It really does.

    I think I'm enjoying myself, but I can't stop flinching. And making whooping noises, as if I were the one who tolerates country music.

     
  • At November 17, 2005 10:07 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    That guy does not lie.

    Cynth says, "He may be a pretentious prick sometimes, but he doesn't lie."

    Wow, I can hardly speell.

    I can't bekuve I just spelle d "speel

     
  • At November 17, 2005 10:08 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    That is a goodo drink.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home