ice cream making and ranting

Friday, June 10, 2005

I haven't posted about ice cream in ages

Since we last checked in, Icee the ice cream maker (named after the puppy i had for a week as a child) has made chocolate cheese cake ice cream (that's with cream cheese in the mix, not with cheesecake chunks) and mint cookie (from teh ben and jerry's ice cream book, unfortunately I thought we had oreos around the house, but we didn't and I just had to use regular chocolate cookies)

I'm not sure I'd make the chocolate cheesecake again, it's good, but I'm sure I can do better. The mint cookie, however, will be made again with real oreos. and I'll probably make a cookies and cream with the same package. The lesson we learn is that if you go through the trouble and cost of making ice cream don't skimp on the ingredients. the chocolate cookies just don't do it for me, the mint ice cream flavor is good though. unfortunately the ice cream is a disturbing brownish yellow color, i'm not sure if it's the fault of the cookies, or some reaction of and ingredient to some other ingredient or the freezer or what.

I need to make smaller batches, because I want to make ice cream constantly, but i can't just keep making it and not eating it. What I've been thinking about doing is makeing trip to Smart and Final or somewhere. if I buy a pack of styrofoam cups with lids I can give my ice cream away. Then I can make more.

I bought the gingersnaps to make a pumpkin ice cream, but I'm doubting my wisdom. pumpkin isn't really a summer flavor, and there is just so much fresh delicious fruit at the farmers markets. Maybe i'll add gingersnaps to apricot?

I also bought honey for honey-vanilla, but Ben and Jerry warn that it should be eaten with a day or the honey starts to get grainy, so I need an occasion for that.
I'm also very interested in alcholic granita sort of concoctions, but I'm not confident enough to work with alcohol. You know I mix my drinks strong, but you can't do that if you expect it to freeze.

this weekend i'm planning on dumping a can of soda into my Icee, and see if i can make an icee.

2 Comments:

  • At June 10, 2005 9:44 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    god, don't talk to me about ice cream.

     
  • At November 25, 2009 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]ENTER ON SOFTWARE PORTAL[/url][/color][/size]

    [size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFT![/url][/color][/size]

    [img]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4762671/2/istockphoto_4762671-software-box.jpg[/img]

    [size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]OEM SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

    [size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

    [size=72][b]Online Laxnoign soft on Mac[/b][/size]
    [size=72][b]Online Laxnoign soft on Mac OS x[/b][/size]
    [size=72][b]Load Laxnoign software [/b][/size]

    http://www.google.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home